Monday 4 May 2015

TOP HIGH END FINDS OF 2015

favorite high end beauty makeup products blog review nars mac


The beginning of a new year is always a curse. Christmas and New Year's has passed, giving all of us the false confidence that we're actually filthy rich and of course, MAJOR SPENDING ensues. And is it just me, or are high-end products starting to feel more accessible nowadays?? Or maybe that's just what happens when you've been in this soul-sucking, makeup-loving world long enough. Today, fellow blogger Daphne and I, aka the hottest crime-fighting duo you'll ever meet, are sharing each of our Top 3 High End Discoveries of 2015!
Head over to her blog to check out our top DRUGSTORE finds (You'll love her, I promise).

SHERI'S PICKS


NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
So, I've been skipping the foundation lately and just going for this concealer because my skin has been CRAY lately. Note to self: Don't hoard post-Easter-sale chocolate. This concealer is well worth the money, being one of the best concealers I've tried that has good coverage and actually stays put throughout the day. It tends to look a bit dry under the eyes, but it's not so bad when used with a damp sponge. [P.S. it's not spot-concealing any more, it's FACE concealing.]

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Never Say Never
Oh lookie, another NARS product *shifts eyes*. NARS is fast becoming one of my favourite brands of all-time, thanks to my determination to just bite the bullet and fork out the cash. I swear the formula of these must have been made by angels - super creamy, smooth and non-drying (which is usually what turns me off from matte formulas). It's also a unique pinky-purple shade that's not quite a berry, but not quite a bright pink either. I haven't worn it out too much yet, but I've certainly been loving the look... in my room... taking selfies by my lonesome.

MAC Lipstick in Dark Side
Ugh, vampy lips, why you turn me on so. I feel like deep, purpley shades like Dark Side just instantly turn on the "hot & confident" switch. (I know, I rely on a lipstick for everything.) I mean, this lipstick just screams BAD ASS. Dark Side is also not quite as scarily dark as other vampy lipsticks (eg. MAC Cyber), so it's a good one for those of you who are just venturing into the vampy-zone. I also adore the amplified finish; slight sheen, yet it doesn't skimp on pigmentation. One of my favourite MAC lipsticks for sure.

DAPHNE'S PICKS
subgenre of a dream

DiorSkin Nude BB Creme 
I'm not exactly on board with the fancy spelling for fancy’s sake, or borrowing one word from French when the rest of the name is in English - I mean, it’s just a tad pretentious, don’t you think? Anyway, that aside, the DiorSkin Nude BB Creme is lightweight, but enough coverage to even out my spotty skin while still looking like real skin - that’s the dream isn’t it? It’s also moisturising and with a light dusting of powder, it can hold up to my near 10 hour days. The only slight downside? There are only three shades so fingers crossed that your skin tone falls into the limited spectrum that Dior is offering. 

NARS Audacious Lipstick in Grace 
2015 has definitely been the year of lipstick for me - but one that stands out the most is the newest offering from NARS. There was a huge hype around this when it released and many people have dubbed this one of the best lipstick formulas. I was never too intrigued by the launch as the 40 shades were slightly too overwhelming. But that didn’t stop me from swatching them every time I was around a NARS counter. Eventually I found that I kept reaching for the same shade and I finally bit the bullet and added Grace to my evergrowing collection of coral lipsticks. Fully opaque with one coat and stands up to constant drinking and spaghetti meals, this coral-red has me craving for her sisters to join me lipstick collection. Vanessa, Audrey, and Annabella anyone? 

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner in Perversion 
After too many smudgy panda eyes, fake emo days in my teenage years, I’ve pretty much swayed away from black eyeliners. But I’ve gotten back into the wonderful world of tight lining and this Urban Decay eyeliner not only, as the name suggests, glides on and is perversely black with one swipe (see what I did there?), it also stays in place all day. I have very watery eyes and I pretty much blink away every last trace of eyeliner that’s not on the skin region of my eye. But this eyeliner was stubborn and it has been rewarded with a space in my makeup bag. 

What is your favorite high end product of 2015 so far?

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter