Wednesday 15 April 2015

SKINCARE ON TRIAL

new skincare additions trial review beauty blog la roche posay toleriane ultra sunsense annie's way hyaluronic acid weleda almond cleansing lotion



I usually try not to branch out too much in the skincare department. 'TRY'. Because when you have skin that likes to throw tantrums, venturing in the vast lands of skincare is like walking amongst land mines. But then you know... you get sucked in by this and that, and by the smooth, enabling words of blogger folk. What I usually tell myself before trying something new skincare-wise is 'who knows, you might find something EVEN BETTER than your holy grail!' (Or your skin might completely break down. It could go either way.)

weleda almond soothing lotion sensitive skin review

The way into my heart are the words 'for sensitive skin'. Seriously, I'm all over that shizz. But usually, they end up feeling very BASIC. No, not the urban dictionary meaning of basic. The Weleda Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion* is gentle and does the job. I mean for something targeted towards sensitive skin, you can't really expect something that'll make you go "Wow! Amazing! Whee!" But if your skin happens to be freaking out? Tell it to KEEP CALM and try this cleanser.

(Oh and I don't know if I defy the 'laws of skincare' or something, but I find cleansers in 'lotion' form to be drying and gel cleansers more hydrating. Isn't it suppose to be the other way around??)

During Summer break, I actually had the chance to have a social life which meant - BEACH TIMES!!! And ew sunscreen. I won the Sunsense Moisturising Face SPF50+ from a giveaway and was pleasantly surprised. Yay for sunscreens that don't make you feel sticky, weighed down or like you've been swimming in a vat of oil! Also, aussie represent.


la roche posay toleriane ultra review

When I received the La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra*, I was a bit scared to be honest. I was worried this wouldn't live up to the expectations set by Effaclar Duo+ (aka the product that changed my life). Guess what? I've been really enjoying this moisturizer. It's the weirdest thing because a tiny amount packs a ton of moisture, yet it's so thin at the same time.

Grr, ACNE SCARS. These red marks take 'stubbornness' to a whole new level. So what did I do? Buy the Annie's Way Arbutin and Hyaluronic Acid Mask that has gotten raves (from bubzbeauty herself) for brightening and lightening up scars. It looks and feels like jelly which never fully dries because you have to apply a thick layer. First impressions? AH-MA-ZING. Stay tuned for a more in-depth review.

annie's way arbutin hyaluronic acid mask review acne scars

Have you tried any of these products?

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter