Sunday 19 April 2015

THE BIG BEAUTY CULL: PART 2



Annddd we're back with part 2 of the annihilation of my makeup collection. Just kidding, I'm only getting rid of one third of everything (maybe). Told you I'm crazy for hoarding this stuff since like 2010. This post is featuring the eyeshadowslip products and nail polishes I'm saying good bye to. LET THE CULLING CONTINUE.

See PART 1 here (foundations, cheek products, eyeliners).

EYESHADOWS

(I love the unintentional colour scheme of the above photo)
What all of these have in common is that I seriously cannot remember the last time I used them #firstworldproblems. They're all too shimmery for me, like 80% shimmer and 20% actual colour if you know what I mean. The little eyeshadow duos/trios shown are the Almay Intense I-color for Hazel EyesInnoxa Mineral Eyeshadow Trio in Earth and the Essence 50's Girls Reloaded Eyeshadow in You're a Heartbreaker. Fun fact: These 3 were among the first eyeshadows I ever bought. Ah the nostalgia *wipes tears*

The Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Stars & Stories and the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Too Cool will go down in history as being one of the most rock hard cream eyeshadows I've ever tried. WHERE'S THE 'CREAM'?? And again, these are literally just bunches of shimmer without actual pay-off onto the eyes.


Here are my first two eyeshadows I ever bought, nawws. The two palettes from BYS are definitely not the best quality, but not the worst either. Whaddya expect for like $3? I'd say the warm-toned neutrals palette is much less chalky than the 'grey' palette, which by the way, can we just take a moment to agree that 2 of the grey shades look EXACTLY THE SAME, and the 3 black shades look practically the same too!?

The better looking palette at the top right is a random palette from 'Estee Lauder'. I put that with quotation marks because I'm fairly sure it's a fake (what is with me and buying fake makeup lol). The names of the blush and eyeshadows actually correspond to real Estee Lauder names but the pigmentation is just not there. Lesson learned.

LIPSTICKS

I don't have anything against the NYX Black Label Lipsticks but the shade Silver Stone just isn't flattering on me. It's like Frosty the Snowman in lipstick form and doesn't make you half as happy. On the other hand, I'm just not a fan of the NYX Round Lipsticks. They smell and taste like plastic and are so soft that they melt so easily. I have the shade Rea which is a pale nude that I could never pull off in my lifetime.

The silver tampon looking thing is the Silkygirl Lipstick in Delicious which is an orangey red that was a hand-me-down from my mum 6 years ago... which means it's probably like 10 years old. Uh... yeah, moving on.

This may come as no surprise but I've mentioned how the Face of Australia Lip Quench Lipstick in Lychee Crush isn't my cup of tea. It's a gorgeous pinky nude but me and nudes are just, nup. Things just can't work out between us. It also smells like 'grandma' lipsticks. No offense to grandmas out there, but it's just reminiscent of that powdery, makeup-y scent, ya know?

LIP BALMS

This section is dedicated to the carefree, joyful time of our youth where we played around with shimmery, sticky lip glosses and Hello Kitty lip balms... before we were hit with unwelcomed responsibilities that came with growing up. As you can see, I tried to collect all the flavours of Maybelline Baby Lips. I'm also getting rid of the NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in French Kiss. Hello, frosty much? I just can't pull off this shade, and it's not the most comfortable wearing gloss out there.

NAIL POLISHES
I admit, I'm not much of a polish person. Even the most amazing colour in the world will just look meh on my pathetically short nails. The ones that have separated and clearly gone off are the Mode Nail Polish in Totes Mine (cringe), China Glaze in V, Ulta3 in Lily White and the Hello Kitty in Gun of Roses. Yeah I went through a bit of a Hello Kitty phase who doesn't??

Phew, we've finally come to an end! 
That brings the culling to a GRAND TOTAL of: 44 PRODUCTS!  *pats self on the back*

Have you had a clean out recently?

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter