Saturday 14 March 2015

SIMPLY RED

red lipstick makeup look FOTD beauty blog

Okay, so I know I look like I have pink lips but trust me. It's RED. (Or at least pinky red)
Something about the red lip just instantly makes you look 10x classier, like you're about to attend a wedding (or like you're about to HAVE a wedding). One of the best ways I've found to wear a red lip is with a simple wash of colour on the lid and BAM. Instant high-tea-worthy-of-meeting-the-queen status.

This is a collab with my fellow blogger friend Hana who was actually one of the first bloggers I met in person! She's actually more skillful and ya know, adventurous with her makeup so do check out her makeup look!



One of my favorite 'dayum-she-bangin' reds? Max Factor Color Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Tuesday *swoons* Seriously, it is pinky-red PERFECTION with a satin finish. What more could you ask for? LOVE IS IN THE AIR~

I'd like to take a moment to hail the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit as one of my go-to cream eyeshadows. It's basically a cool-toned bronze that's creamy to boot. (Speaking of which, Katy Perry's song 'Birthday'? Now what is that song REALLY about?)


Benefit 'Birthday Suit' swatch

I normally skip eyeliner and mascara (#bbloggershame) but so I don't get a kick in the butt from you guys, I finished off with the Essence Gel Eyeliner, which still remains my holygrail that doesn't budge. I'm still crying over the travesty of it being discontinued WHY ESSENCE WHYYY. My mascara of choice was the Clinique High Impact Mascara which to me, is just meh and doesn't volumize as much as I would like it to.

An understated blush to go with a bold lip? A matte baby pink such as the ELF Studio Blush in Tickled Pink. I actually haven't used this one in awhile, and I gotta say, it is NICE.




What is your eye makeup like when you're wearing a bold lip?

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter