Wednesday 9 December 2015

Life, Goals and New Beginnings


What a greaseball of a title, am I right? Anyways, hello there stranger. I'm the girl who apparently runs this blog but it's not like you can tell because this blog has been accommodating virtual tumbleweeds for the past month.

Long story short, I was drowning in a sea of tests and finals last month. It's been really important that I do well in these, so I left my blog on the backbench. And I ran out of scheduled posts so uhh... there's that. But don't worry people I survived the ordeal. (Clearly, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this right now.)

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this blog and but more importantly, my reasons for blogging and where I'M heading, you know, in life and all. Ooohh this sounds deep.
Basically, next year is gonna be a HUGE one, what with it being the third year of my degree and all. It's infamously known as being the hardest year because it starts getting into the actual clinical applications of my degree.

Besides buckling down and studying my butt off, I'm also trying to find a part-time job that's related to my area of study and also aiming to get my driver's license (buuuut procrastination so likely not to happen lol). Not many of you know this, but I'm Christian (as in, the religion) and I really want to start getting more involved with my church as well.
    On an exciting note, I applied for a research scholarship... and I GOT IT! I'm super nervous but excited at the same time because I've always been quite interested in research. So I'll also be quite busy for about two months. It'll hopefully be an interesting experience, and a taste of what Honours would be like.

    Phew. So what does this all mean? Well, it honestly pains me to say this but I have to take a step back from this space. To be completely honest, I haven't worn makeup in months and while it is fun to play with, I just can't write about it with the same passion that I used to.

    Not sure what happened, but maybe it's because I'm gearing towards naturally clear skin now and quite frankly, I'm a lazy potato so I can't be bothered slapping on makeup. Plus, I don't have to wake up early to get ready yesss. (OH AND, you're not gonna believe this but I've actually been working out lately. Yes. EXERCISE. GASP WHO IS THIS IMPOSTER??)

    Another thing I've come to realize is that I didn't enjoy the pressure I was putting on myself to constantly be churning out regular content and I didn't like how I was turning into some business-minded blogger. I was subconsciously writing for the sake of advancing this site's views and followers, and not for myself. While I've met many incredible brands while blogging and have enjoyed reviewing products, it was taking the fun out of this hobby a little bit.

    The friendships I've made from this have been INCREDIBLE. And it's been so so fun building up this blog from a shabby little site (that actually had my FACE in the header at one stage *cringe*). But it's time to say good bye.... at least for now. And to my blogger friends, don't worry, I'll still annoy you over snapchat and social media, hehe.

    Who knows, once life settles down (aka once I become an actual independent working adult *sobs*), maybe I'll make a come back? But I just want to say that I love you guys and thank you so much for supporting this blog and being amazing for the past 3 years. 

    I hope you guys understand and well... it's been fun!

    I'll still be over on Twitter if you guys ever want to chat.

    PEACE OUT,
    Sheri

    Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.