Monday 7 September 2015

YE OLDE CRUSHES



Oh I know, how sneaky of me to lure you in with such a juicy title. But of course it'd be about makeup. You think I leave my slumbering chamber to go out and ACTUALLY meet people? Pfft no. Instead, I spend too much time bonding with my i-wish-they-were-white-ikea makeup drawers. Recently I've realized that I've been a huge traitor to some of my old loves who haven't been receiving much affection and TLC. So why not take the opportunity to pull 'em out for a post? (And then forget about them all over again) Just kidding. Maybe.

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in Buff
Remember when Revlon Colorstay was everyone's go-to foundie for prom? To be honest, I much prefer this one because the original Colorstay clogged my pores faster than hair clogs my shower drain (wow horrific imagery right there). This one treated my sensitive skin much better even though it's on the thicker side. Love the medium coverage, but it's been in hiding ever since I started rocking the "yes I'm wearing no makeup, see acne scars as proof" look.

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit
Talk about that Katy Perry song... now what is she really singing about!? Anyway, this is a gorgeous bronze-champagne and the consistency is just right for a cream shadow. I think I've neglected this one because I tend to "save" my high end products and use them very sparingly. Or in life or death situations.

Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner
Now don't spit at your screen, but I'm not a huge fan of this cult fave. It just doesn't last on me (whyyy hooded lids). And it does that weird thing when you try to go over it and it magically erases itself. I mean what's the point of doing winged liner when your wing eventually vanishes anyway? It IS really easy to use though.



Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine
All I can say is - bouncy and fun to touch *raises eyebrow suggestively* OK I really need to stop with the innuendos. But seriously, this.blush.is.so.bouncy wheeeee. Gorgeous shade too, but I haven't been wearing ANY makeup lately, let alone blush (I know craayyy). When I do wear blush, I tend to reach for my peachy-pink bffs so I really need to snap out of my comfort zone.

Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Watermelon Twist
Lip crayons are MAH JAM. I always buy the same kind of shades, so this one kinda gets lost in all my other identical lipsticks (my fault really). This one doesn't last that long so I've just gotten used to not wearing it but it really is a nice moisturizing lip product to go to, especially for beginners.

Maybelline Color Whisper in Petal Rebel
Speaking of moisturizing lip products, AY NICE SEGWAY, the Maybelline Color Whisper used to be one of my everyday lip products, then it kinda just faded away. I guess I realized that blue-based, baby pinks don't actually look good on me? My mirror must have been fooling me this whole time.

Revlon Lip Butters 
Can you tell I'm a big fan of sheer, moisturizing lip products!? No fuss, no maintenance - just how I like my men- err I mean lip products... did I just say that aloud? All jokes aside, I used to be obsessed with growing my lip butter collection. Now, I've seemed to move onto more high-end lip products like MAC and NARS, but these babies will always have a nostalgic place in my heart.

So just out of curiosity, what was your first ever makeup product? Let me know!

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter