Monday 6 July 2015

COSY WINTER MAKEUP

behind the frames winter makeup look products fotd

To all those in the other half of the world, are you enjoying your spring/summer? My fellow Southern hemisphere buddies and I are currently freezing our derrieres off. It is SO. FREAKING. COLD that I am currently wearing four layers of fleece, a woollen scarf and gloves. Plus, it's been raining bucket loads which doesn't help, and it seriously feels like I'm perpetually experiencing the ice bucket challenge. 

I felt inspired one day to do an Autumn/Winter makeup look and I called this post "cosy winter makeup" but I'm not even sure what part of it is cosy (obviously it's me). It was high time I pulled out the peachy hues and the warm smokey browns to fake myself into feeling warm, even though my insides feel like a popsicle.



I've been on an unofficial "foundation ban" recently and my skin is looking better each day. I say that and yet all my pores show up HIGH DEFINITION in this photo, gee thanks camera. But seriously guys, try going without foundation. It makes you feel so FREE. Instead, I used the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla to cover up old scars that still haunt me to this day. Thanks to a recent discovery, I can no longer go without doing my brows and I filled them in with the Lioele Auto Eyebrow Pencil in 03 Grey Black. 

Years ago, I received the SLEEK Palette in Oh So Special. Would you believe that this is only my SECOND time using this palette? (Clearly I have hoarding issues.) I love the shade selection, but it's not something that I would reach for often. I used a shimmery, peachy-brown shade all over the lid, and then a warm, purpley-brown for the edge of the lid and in my crease. (Err, I mean my non-existent crease. #monolidproblems)

I never wear mascara and I've been trying to get through some old ones, including the Clinique High Impact Mascara which is nice for lengthening but doesn't a hold a curl for that long. But what does it matter since I wash everything off after taking these photos anyway? LOL.

OH AND GUYS, I recently discovered the wonders of tight-lining. I never thought it would make a difference personally but DAYUM. It really opens up the eyes and it's an easy way to fake having thicker lashes. Only problem is, I've yet to find a truly smudge-proof pencil liner that won't result in panda eyes... help??

My latest lip obsession? MAC's Lipstick in Syrup. It is PERF I tell ya. Not quite MLBB, but the berry tones make it a super wearable, flattering shade. Oops and I almost forgot to mention, Tarte's Exposed is on the cheeks. Of course.








Believe it or not, but I'm usually pretty rubbish at eyeshadow in general. And this is probably one of the rare times I properly blended it out. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

I want to know... do you love or hate Winter? 

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter