Friday 10 July 2015

THE BLUSH ADDICTION

makeup blush collection tag review tarte hourglass blog

FUN FACT: My favourite colour used to be pink. (Note the past tense.) And now... well, I don't really like it that much. (Remember that time 10-year-old Sheri decided to paint her whole room pink? Yeah, SUCH REGRETS) The only exception is when it comes to restoring life back to my lips and pale-as-zombie cheeks and then I fall in love with pink all over again. But still, the above photo is so utterly pink that I can't stare at it for too long.

I was tagged by these two babes, Tasha and Ling to do the Addicted to Blush tag, so here I am finally conquering procrastination. (I skipped some questions that I didn't really have answers for)

1. What colour blush suits you the most?
Um, how am I suppose to know?! D: But I keep buying and reaching for PEACHY-PINKS so that must be the answer right? Hopefully they suit me, otherwise I've spent 6 years of my life looking... unsuitable.

2. Pressed, cream or loose blush?
Pressed all da wayyyy. For two reasons: 1) they're significantly less messy than loose blushes, 2) they're basically idiot-proof, because you just slap them on and not as much blending or precision is needed as with cream blushes. Also, I ALWAYS forget to put on cream blush, because I do my foundation, start powdering and then go 'welp it's too late for cream blush now!' (as I've learnt that cream blushes work better under powder.)


makeup blush collection tag review tarte blog

3. Favourite shimmery blush?
I've had this blush for 6 years so we're basically bffs. Candyfloss by BYS is only $3 and yet it's such a pretty, baby pink with a sheen that just looks super flattering every time I wear it. It still is my number 1 HG blush *flying love hearts everywhere*. It definitely shows up better on lighter skin tones.

4. Favourite matte blush?
"Exposed Exposed Exposed", she chants with a delirious look in her eye. It doesn't matter that Tarte's Exposed costs as much as my first born child because IT. IS. SO. BEAUTIFUL. It's the only nude-y, pinkish blush I have in my collection and it just really brings out the cheekbones I never knew I had.

5. Favourite cream blush?
When I actually do remember to wear cream blush (which is a 1 in 1000 possibility), I tend to reach for the NYX cream blush in Glow. Only because it's super-duper creamy and easy to blend out with the fingers. And it's just your average medium pink that you really can't complain about.


makeup blush collection review beauty blog hourglass diffused heat tarte exposed

6. Favourite high end blush?
I'm still not over how Vanessa gifted me the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat in our recent swap (I STILL DON'T DESERVE IT). Coupled with the fact that this is legit the only high-end blush I own and how it's so frickadoodly beautiful, it's love. Obviously. I would describe it as a baby coral and the highlight it gives is just so beautiful. It's perf.

7. Bright blush?
I can't remember the last time I reached for this but the La Femme blush in Pink Velvet is the most IN YOUR FACE blush I have. Just look at that hot-pink goodness (the left bottom one in the above photo). Don't worry, it's less clown-looking when you actually wear it.

8. Best blush packaging?
Obviously the Hourglass blush, which was probably made for us vain people so we can admire our reflection all day (and scream over every finger print we see), but also Milani just hits the ball out of the park with their blushes. I mean, JUST LOOK AT THAT INTRICATE FLORAL DETAIL. Whatta beaut.

9. What's on your blush wishlist?
More Tarte blushes, more Hourglass blushes (VANESSA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE) and a NARS blush. Because everyone needs one before they die right?

What's on your blush wishlist?

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.