Monday 6 January 2014

My Beauty Favorites of 2013!

Hello beautiful readers,

How is 2014 treating you so far? 
In this post, I'll be sharing my top beauty products that I've loved in 2013. Better late than never right?


Last year, I tried out my first ever makeup primer and cannot imagine life without it. The Arbonne Makeup Primer is a silicone-based primer that makes your skin feel buttery smooth and makes foundation application a breeze. It also keeps my makeup lasting longer.


My definite most-used foundation was the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation. It's creamy texture and good, medium coverage worked well for me and it has good staying power. It also did not break me out, like the original Revlon Colorstay did. The shade match is pretty darn good too. 


After I finally finished up my powder of 3 years, I switched to the Australis Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder. It's so smooth and very fine (dayum you fine) and gives really great coverage. 

2013 was the year of the breakouts for me, so I picked up the Maybelline Superstay Concealer to save my self-esteem. It's high coverage is good for spot concealing and it's staying power is impressive. 


Too many times have I stayed up late studying (or youtubing endlessly) and woken up looking hungover so the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk was a lifesaver in brightening up the inner corners of my eyes. These pencils are very creamy I prefer matte whites like Milk instead of shimmery whites in my inner corners.


One of my go-to eyeshadows last year was this little trio from Wet n Wild in Silent Treatment. My favorite kind of eyeshadows are shimmery all-over-the-lid colours and taupes, so this trio is definitely up my alley, and I love how soft and pigmented they are. 

  
Whenever I decided to wear eyeshadow, I would almost always reach for my beloved Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay. It needs no introduction, but it is full of my favorite neutral, cool-toned shades including taupes! I seriously love my taupes eg. the colour Tease


Apart from my baby lips, I've been using the EOS lip balms constantly in the morning before applying my makeup. It's just so fun to apply and the scent is great. 
At night, I've depended on the Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla and Macadamia, where its thickness and sugary-smelling goodness gives me the deep hydration my lips need at night.


I am a lip junkie so of course, I have not one, but THREE lipsticks to share. In the photo, they look similar especially the two on the right but they are different I swear. #lifeofamakeupaddict

From left to right, the Essence lipstick in All about cupcake is a great medium pink that looks very natural. Next, the Maybelline Color Whisper in Petal Rebel is a top favourite because of its baby pink colour and moisturizing properties. Also, the Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake is very moisturizing and I love the milky pinkness it brings to my lips.

All three of these have been my top shades when I just don't know what to wear and can always count on them. 


Of course, who can forget the tools that make or break our makeup application? 
My top picks for brushes include my ELF powder brush which picks up so much product at one go and the flat top just makes it so easy. 
And of course, my handy-dandy Real Techniques Buffing Brush that everyone seems to love. It is great at applying my foundation, whether it be buffing or patting in thin layers. 


Lastly, my top skincare favourites are the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub which is a fantastic gentle exfoliant and always leaves my skin soft. And I was so glad to have discovered my current HG toner which is the T.N.Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner. It doesn't make my skin tight or too dry and is gentle enough for my very sensitive skin. It also does a good job at keeping the breakouts away. 


Sorry for such a long post but congrats to you if you made it thus far!

Thanks for reading!

xoxo,

Sheri

8 comments:

  1. I love Tease from the Naked2 palette such a good blending shade! You love your pink lippies I see heehee. Love the toner too!
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a great list of favourites here! i use australis fresh and flawless as well its great :) ive always wanted to try arbone products as well !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the buffing brush has been one of our favourites as well! wished we had purchased it earlier haha. Ive tried the witch hazel toner but i honestly cant stand the smell enough to put it on my face :/ Nonetheless great picks :) will definitely keep an eye out for them next time!

    ♥ M&L twoplicates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the smell was a bit off-putting at first but I've gotten used to it!

      Delete
  4. Oooh so many lovely products. Naturally I was drawn to all those beautiful lip products first, but those eye products look wonderful too. Urban Decay's Naked palette has always been on my list but I wonder if I'll ever get around to buying it...it's so much hassle that you have to get it online! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.