Sunday 26 July 2015

LOSING MY BLOGGING MOJO?

makeup flatlay instagram blog behindtframes

So guys, I've finally reached that point in the blogging journey where I can confidently say...

I've hit the blogger's slump.

There, I said it.

Or blogger's block. Or just a rut. I don't even know? But whatever it is, YAY I'M IN THE CLUB NOW #feelinglikethekoolkids. Not really.

SO, you probably haven't noticed but my schedule's been a bit uh, out of whack recently and I haven't been posting every 4 days like I usually do. For the past 2 years, I feel like I've been pretty good and consistent even with school going on in the background. I'd get home, be super hyped up, whip out my camera and be like "Oh boy! I feel so inspired right now. Can't wait to type up a bunch of posts after I take these photos."

And now it's like, "my photos suck. and I cannot write a single interesting thing down." Because really, when my heart's not in it, my photos and writing really DO suck.

I still enjoy the general blogging thing, but lately, it feels like I've run out of steam and whatever I do, the words I spew out just sound too "try hard" and bleurgh. Even I wouldn't read it.

Then I've been moping around because I feel this self-inflicted pressure to constantly produce interesting content for you guys, but with mediocre photos and content on my mind, it just isn't working. I'm not sure if it's really writers block or if I'm just plain LAZY? I could probably do it if I tried 110%, but the mojo is just not there.


And I've been getting really worried because my scheduled posts are dwindling to nothing and soon there'll be none left. Once the new semester really takes off (which starts tomorrow *sigh*), I won't have the time to create a ton of back up posts, like I usually do. What if there are no more posts!?? *panics*

So here's what I need to do:

  • Re-think my motivation and purpose for blogging.
  • Get inspired. I've been shopping around for new props because those usually get me motivated to take photos. And I have this weird habit where I can't start writing a post until I have the photos in front of me. 
  • Don't feel pressured to blog so often. Just a thought, how would you guys feel if I only posted once a week?

I know what some of you are thinking "gurl you need a break" but to be honest, I don't WANT to take a break. Because what happens if this break becomes weeks, months or even a year? 

Wish me luck guys. I'm sure this is only temporary. And don't worry, there will still be posts. It's just that I don't know how consistent they will be...


Boy it feels good to get that off my chest!

I'd love to know, can any of you relate?

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.