Saturday 10 January 2015

MAKEUP VS. SKIN

makeup versus skin


Whenever I start doing my usual makeup routine and transform myself into a presentable human being, I can't help but wish that I was NOT putting on makeup. I mean, yeah it's fun, but I always get a sinking feeling in my stomach whenever I put makeup on my face. Guys, this is not normal right? Surely, a doctor/psychologist appointment is justified??

Okay, let me back up a bit. Lately, I've been embracing the no-makeup face, as I've become even more of a habitual sloth and rather not waste 15 minutes of precious beauty sleep. Please, don't act like you don't do this too. And no surprises there, my skin and its spotty situation has been slowly but surely improving.

This has led to the situation where I have to choose between looking picture perfect (no filter needed) versus having better skin. I know, I know, some of  you are probably about to make a speech on how "makeup doesn't cause acne, improper removal does!" But hear me out.

Honestly, I feel that for me, wearing makeup CAN lead to acne. Firstly, I have huge pores; not quite sure how that happened because I swear they used to be smaller. I can literally SEE the holes in my face. Now until someone can offer me a feasible solution for this (please send help), makeup and products will continually get into those pores and clog them up, leading to bumps that turn into the spawn of the devil. I know this because just a few months ago, I had an army of blackheads on my forehead, that when squeezed (don't shoot me), all the white gunk came out so easily; like stringy cheese. That imagery though. Then I see people who wear makeup every day, and I'm like, how is your skin still SO NICE?

I love makeup. And I have so much makeup that desperately needs to be used up. A large part of me is leaning towards not wearing makeup for awhile, but then there are days when I simply must put more effort into my appearance. I guess the real problem lies with the inner conflict I have every time I slap on some makeup, knowing that the next day, I won't wake up with clearer skin.


What are your thoughts? Do any of you feel the same as me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.