Tuesday 6 January 2015

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

mac dark side lipstick swatch





Years ago, if I was faced with a scarily dark lipstick, I would have scoffed and walked away. Not because I despised the color; on the contrary, I thought they looked sick and way too cool for me to pull off. Well, now that it's Summer break, more hours spent as a hermit at home has naturally led to fun times of makeup experimentation, eg. pulling out the vampy lipsticks and making solemn/evil faces for the camera (having black hair helps). Lately, I've been sucked into one lipstick in particular, that I haven't actually heard much of. But I think it's safe to say that I'm obsessed. Meet MAC's Dark Side.

Now I know what you're thinking, what a beauty right? To be honest, when I first got Dark Side, I got a bit giddy and couldn't stop admiring this dark horse in its tube. Then I tucked it away in its packaging and never looked at it until months later. When this baby finally touched my lips, I thought, wow I look so BADASS. All I needed was a black cape and I would be set.

This is my first 'amplified' finish from MAC, and I think I may actually love it more than the Cremesheens. It's comfortable, not drying yet packs a ton of colour and lasts longer too. It makes me feel so BOSS when I wear it and it totally transforms the face. It's definitely different from what I'm used to but I'm wholeheartedly embracing the change. I actually think it's surprisingly wearable, although it will probably be awhile before I can actually face other human beings with my awesome, halloween-worthy lips.

If you're considering a dark shade, why not try Dark Side? I feel like it has less purple tones than Rebel, which for me, makes it more wearable. Heck, I am just so in love with this shade right now. Don't judge me if I start wearing it every day and caress it while I sleep.

mac dark side swatch

What do you think of Dark Side?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.