Monday 29 December 2014

DONE AND DUSTED

empties products i've finished up

Lo and behold, the empties posts have been resurrected from the grave! Also known as, the ones where I showcase all the junk I've accumulated and tell you whether I'm sad to see them retire, or am absolutely delighted to finally chuck them into the bin. Let's dig in.

Clean & Clear Essentials Moisturizer SPF 15 AUD$7.39
I used to regard this as my favorite moisturizer. It was super lightweight (I can't stress how lightweight this was) and perfect for the daytime. Over time, I felt it just wasn't moisturizing enough and I found myself slapping more of this on throughout the day (which explains how I finished it so fast). I'm now using an Olay moisturizer which I much prefer.

Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Face Wash AUD$12.99
My word, does this cleanser FOAM UP. If you love your bubble baths and would also like to soak your face in a soft cloud, you'd enjoy this face wash. Unfortunately, I think my skin just hates tea tree oil. Lots of little bumps emerged after using this, so I had to ditch it even though it's still half-full. Ugh, my heart hurts at the wastage.

T.N.Dickenson's Witch Hazel Toner AUD$6.99
Cue trumpet sounds and angels' voices. This toner is such a life-saver and will always be repurchased. It has really helped to keep my skin clean and clear (oops wrong brand), and I notice such a difference when I don't use it. I've heard of witch hazel being an 'irritant' for skin/acne, but I personally haven't had any issues, so all hail witch hazel!

Lush Catastrophic Cosmetic Mask AUD$
You may recall my review here and my initial thoughts on this face mask weren't too pleasant. Sadly, my feelings still stand, and I still don't like it. I like the LOOK of it; it's pretty snazzy with the blueberries inside but the scent irritated my skin and it didn't seemed to improve the state of my blemishes either. I think I'll stick to my beloved Queen Helene.

Lush Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub AUD$12.95 / 300g
Oh man, I really loved this stuff. The granules were fine and super gritty, which acted as such a good body exfoliant. Plus, it smells like the ocean! I would definitely repurchase... if you know, I wasn't such a cheapskate. *sigh* Lush, why you so pricey!?

empties products i've finished up

Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser AUD$9.95
Seriously, this product needs no introduction anymore on this blog. I think I've made it clear from all the previous empties posts that I'm practically married to this cleanser. I've already repurchased and my face would probably spontaneously combust without it.

Rosehip Plus Rosehip Oil Roll-On AUD$12.69
Another skincare staple. This was the product that had me fall in love with rosehip oil, and I've honestly seen amazing results with this stuff. It's safe to say that I'm sad to see this one go, but I'm not worried as I have 4 more bottles at the ready. But, I would highly consider repurchasing the roll-on for travel purposes. I will bring you to the ends of the earth if I have to.

Maybelline Clean Express Total Clean! Eye & Lip Remover AUD$6.95
This is one of those cool, dual phase, shaky makeup remover things. It removes makeup pretty well and didn't irritate my skin at all. I would happily repurchase but apparently, they're repackaged it or came out with a new version? So if you've happened to try it, let me know!

Clean & Clear Advantage Fast Clearing Spot Gel  AUD$8.99
You know you've got bad skin when you ACTUALLY manage to finish up a spot treatment *sobs* I found this salicylic acid treatment to be really effective, but only for those surface whiteheads. It definitely doesn't work for cystic acne which is a shame but I would definitely consider repurchasing as it's the best spot treatment I've found so far.

L'oreal EverCreme Sulfate-Free Shampoo AUD$12.95
When I first got the EverCreme line of shampoo and conditioner, I was quite impressed with the quality. The shampoo left my hair feeling soft and added much needed moisture, but I wouldn't repurchase because my main hair problem is dandruff and itchiness. And to be honest, I'm a bit stingy and would prefer a cheaper shampoo.

Have you tried any of these products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.