Wednesday 22 October 2014

The Tag for Makeup Addicts

makeup addict tag beauty blog


It always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when I get tagged by a fellow blogger. The feeling is probably like when your hermit self gets invited to the biggest party of the century. Wow what a great life you lead Sheri. This time, I was tagged by the lovely Daphne to do the Makeup Addict Tag and let's face it, we are all worthy of doing this tag.

Because the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one... #inspirational

1. Which product do you still keep buying more of despite having plenty in your collection?
I totally didn't just buy another pretty pink lipstick last week. No, what are you talking about? But, peachy-pinks and MLBBs are LIFE.

2. What's the one product you can't live without?
I honestly probably couldn't function or show my face in public if it wasn't for my entire skincare routine. But, since this is a 'makeup' related tag, talking about skincare might be illegal so I'm going to go with a lip balm. Because my lips seriously get dry every 30 minutes and I feel like they're about to shrivel and fall off my face.

3. Favourite makeup brand?
Maybelline is close to my heart as it was the first brand I started off with, and is a brand I know I can always trust not to break me out (except for the Baby Skin, curses). I also need to mention Revlon because they make banging lip products that take up half my lip product collection, namely the lip butters and balm stains.

4. How big is your makeup collection?
I've seen enough makeup collection videos to know that my collection is actually not too bad *happy dance*. It's big enough to be considered a "collection" but it's not excessive enough to open my own shop. Since becoming addicted to 'other things' *cough BUBBLE TEA cough*, I now think of every purchase in terms of, "How many bubble teas can I buy with this?" I find myself walking away, and coming home with a sugar-filled beverage instead. Excellent self-control.

5. And how do you store it?
They're currently overflowing out of two clear drawer sets and some are randomly piled in bags. It's gotten to the point where one thing will jam up in the back and I can no longer open that drawer. Oops.

6. How many items of makeup have you got in your handbag at the moment?
My shoulder already aches just from carrying around an umbrella and a water bottle (asian life) so I don't bother with lugging around makeup to touch up. What I always have on me though is several lip balms because my lips make excellent sandpaper otherwise.

7. If you could raid another blogger's stash, who would it be?
Ooh anyone's! But I would love to have a tour in Vanessa's shrine of blushes *pupils dilate*. Someone invite me over please so we can have a killer makeup-collection-rummage party.

8. How long does your usual makeup routine take and how many products do you use?
My everyday routine is a whole new level of basic. It consists of foundation + powder. All I care about is covering up the blasted acne and I'll be sane enough for the day. I sometimes mix foundations, so I probably use four products at the most. It takes me about 20 minutes, because spot concealing is an ART.

9. Have you ever bought makeup knowing you wouldn't use it?
I'd honestly much rather drown myself in bubble tea (my one true love) than come home with a bunch of makeup that I hardly use anyway. Oh wait, I just remembered that time when I fell in love with that ombre blush from Essence even though I rarely wear blush... *averts eyes*

10. Tag a few other makeup addicts to do this tag!
If you're reading this right now, I choose you! *flings pokeball* I also tag TashaVanessa, IqraKate, Angie and Fifi!

Do you consider your collection to be 'out of control'?

Stalk me on: Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.