Friday 12 September 2014

Loved but Forgotten







It's a good thing I manage my own money otherwise my parents would seriously consider disowning this crazy expensive child. In my defence,  many of you are just so darn persuasive which results in me merrily leaving the shops with a handful of lipsticks and blushes... and a not so merry bank account. I was doing a bit of a clean out the other day and I came across some products that I used to love but had sat lonely and forgotten in the abyss of my stash.

The Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded is actually one of my favorite eyeshadow bases buuut, how often do I actually wear eyeshadow? Not very, thus it tends to be forgotten despite it being such a lovely, creamy champagne for all over the lid. I really need to use it more before it dries out on me!

It's a similar story with the Sleek Oh So Special Palette. While the quality is great and the shade selection is nice, I'm simply drowning in too many eyeshadow palettes to give just one my fullest attention. And when you're rushing in the morning after pressing snooze for the fifth time, you're not going to waste a good 5 minutes trying to open this palette.

At one point in time, I was obsessed with achieving bigger eyes, just like my beloved anime characters. This turned into a rather scary mashup of coloured lenses, white eyeliner to rim the eyes and false lashes. Then I discovered the magic that is nude eyeliner and for awhile, the NYX Wonder Pencil in Light was my lower lash line's best friend. Then what do you know, laziness strikes again and this is a step I now skip.

Clearly this post is turning to an explanation as to why I hardly wear any makeup when I own a lifetime's supply, but mascara is something else I never bother with due to my invisible lashes. The Clinique High Impact Mascara is decent for everyday, but not AHMAZING enough for me to choose it over my other mascaras.

When you possess a shrine of blushes, naturally some get pushed to the back and you know what they say, 'out of sight, out of mind'. I did some digging and was reunited with the Essence Lip & Cheek Cream in Sending You Kisses that I completely forgot I owned. I also forgot how crazy pigmented it is so I'll have to learn to have some delicacy with this hot pink shade.

The ELF Powder Blush is another forgotten friend but there's a good reason behind it. Candid Coral and I used to be inseparable and I even took it on holiday with me... only to have it shatter in transit. Now I'm too scared to use this pretty peachy thing in case it becomes a jigsaw puzzle again.

If I was a fish, you could bait me with a lipstick. The neglected Arbonne Lipstick in Jam and Revlon Lip Butter in Cotton Candy are the results of having an excessive lip product collection. Cotton Candy has kind of faded into the background as I have many others like it, and Jam is a gorgeous deep berry but I just need to work up the guts to wear it out.

And there you have it. Reasons why I really should not own so much makeup.

What is a product that you love but have neglected? 


Stalk me on: Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.