Friday 3 April 2015

THE INTERNET MADE ME BUY IT

hype beauty products beauty blog

Ever since I was young, I tended to push the responsibility onto others. Someone ate the cookies? Probably dad. Assignment late for submission? Blame my printer. And after too many shopping trips and impulse purchases, I now blame YOU. You, my dear friend and blogger, are my main enabler and my question is, WHY YOU DO THIS?! Seriously though, the powers of strangers on the internet is downright SCARY. It's almost like hypnotism. Or brainwashing. The result is: I probably need to fast for the next 3 weeks. And lock up my savings in Gringotts.

Probably the first thing that triggered the chain of blind obedience to the compelling voices on the internet was the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. The cool-toned shades is what makes this one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes to ever exist and I don't regret it one bit.

The Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial was a result of hype, pretty advertising and more hype. After the first few uses, I convinced myself I was in love with it and now, it's just meh. The product itself feels slippery and fuzzy? (Weirdest adjectives to describe a lip product with) It just sits on top of my lips and the shade is average.

Only the internet (*cough Tasha cough*) can make me fork out $45 for a blush without a second thought. Well my tears have dried up and I've come to acknowledge that Tarte's Exposed Blush is a beautiful piece of art that's worth the admission fee. More deets on this beau here.

tarte exposed apocalips





If you used to be obsessed with beauty Youtubers like me (explains the lack of social life I had have), you've probably well aware of the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. All these gorgeous girls on my computer screen rolling that same sponge ball under their eyes? Obviously, I caved. It was peer pressure from people who don't even know I exist. To be honest, it makes my under eyes look like the craters of the moon and it really does NOT get along with my dry skin. Or my skin colour (hah what else is new).

MAC's Satin Taupe was just a necessity. After seeing beautiful photos and swatches, I just went, "yup I need you in my life". It's become one of my favourite single eyeshadows, which shouldn't be a surprise since I am pretty addicted to taupe eyeshadows.  I also have to thank the internet for introducing MAC's Lipstick in Creme Cup. This lipstick should be R rated, because it's ridiculously really pretty (get it? wow I'm lame). It's your typical sheer light pink, yet it's SO ordinary that it becomes extra-ordinary. Or maybe I just love it so much because it has a MAC label on it. Probably.

But most of all, I'd like to extend my deepest gratitude to everyone out there who tried and recommended the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (+). Without it, I would be in a very dark place right now (the corner of my room which I like to call the Self-Esteem Sucking Abyss). This made my skin 10x better and I'm just waiting for the 25th century where they'll legalize marriage to non-living objects so that Effaclar Duo and I can become one flesh. #creepalert



What product have you bought recently because of bloggers?

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter