Sunday 15 February 2015

WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME

disappointing products beauty products blog




So I was rummaging through my stash the other day, and I actually could not remember the last time I used certain products. Not only does this show how much of a hoarder I am, but also shows that not everyone will love the same products. This includes things that didn't meet my ridiculously high expectations that I myself cannot meet. Man that's deep.

(Oh and if you google 'why don't you love me', you're greeted with a lovely photo of Beyonce groping herself. You're welcome.)

L'oreal Nude Magique BB Cream
I never really got on board with the whole BB cream thing, mainly because most of them were a horrendous match. So much for the whole "colour-correcting" thing, like AM I ORANGE? WHY ARE YOU TURNING ORANGE. The formula of the L'oreal BB cream is not BAD, and the concept of rubbing little beads on your face is pretty cool, but the beads turning 5 shades darker? Not cool. Plus, it made me break out (what else is new).

Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser (Primer)
WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME INTERNET? Just one day after application and boom. Explosions on the visage. The dreaded cystic spots. I say it's worth a try if you enjoy silicon primers, but maybe not if you have sensitive skin. Much disappointment. (Shoutout to my mum who was a mega babe and travelled across the Pacific to get this for me)


NYX Mega Shine Lipglosses
When I wear these, I can't stop thinking about the fact that my lips stick together after every word I say. Kind of like when you're talking to someone, and you can't help but to stare at the strand of saliva connecting their two lips (does anyone even get my weird imagery?). Shades are nice, pay-off is decent, but it's a tad thick and tacky for my liking. That alliteration though. 

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
DON'T SHOOT ME. There's nothing wrong with the shade, it's just that I don't suit warm bronzes that much. And I don't know if it's just my product is faulty or something, but this is one of the most uncreamiest 'cream eyeshadow' I own - I have to really dig my finger into it. On the other hand, I LOVE the shade Barely Branded so I'm a bit confused.

Essie Nail Polishes
Okay so I've only tried two, but the formulas of both weren't spectacular. Seeing as many people are Essie lovers and users, I was expecting creamy and opaque colours. Iced Chai Latte (a pastel pink) and a brighter pink, Off the Shoulder took way too many layers for this lazy girl and chipped easily. Maybe I'm just not cut out for nail polish.


Essence 3 in 1 Concealer
I'd seen Youtubers use products similar to this, and I thought 'this is genius'. But when I tried to blend the green shade to hide red spots, it just looked GREEN. Covered it with foundation? Still green. Like helloooo SHREK! The formula was also a bit stiff and bit hard to work with.

Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette
First things first (I'm the realest), I love the Wet n Wild trios. They're some of my favorite eyeshadows but as I said, warm browns and I are like oil and water. AW YEA SCIENCE. So while the shadows are amazingly pigmented, I haven't got much use out of this palette yet.

What products have disappointed you lately?

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter