Sunday 22 February 2015

THE CONCEALER CARE GROUP

concealers maybelline nars elf review swatch beauty blog

Conceal don't feel... DON'T LET THEM KNOOWWWW... that your face is living the spotty life. Seriously.
In case you didn't know, I am a complete concealer SNOB. Not many will do it for me, and I stick my nose up at most because their coverage/wear has failed me. Having my spots and scars covered up is like taking care of my own children aka VERY. IMPORTANT. Here are the concealers I own and they how rank against my uber high standards. Maybe this is why I'm still single.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 20 Sand
Ah my dear Fit Me. We've been inseparable since the fateful day we met 5 years ago. Back then, I used to be a bit darker (I know, SHOCKER) so this used to match but not any more. Normal people get tanner in summer but nope, I just blend into the wall. This is still one of the best drugstore concealers I've tried. Creamy, a breeze to blend and works well under the eyes. On top of blemishes? Ehhh not so much because I get 4 hours wear out of it tops.

Maybelline Superstay 24Hr Concealer in Cream
Another example of '16-year-old-Sheri-has-no-clue-how-to-colour-match'. I'm still living with the aftermath of buying a concealer that's way too dark but if there's a particularly huge bugger lurking on my face, then this concealer is one of my trusty big guns. Coverage is higher, but comes with a price of a drier, cakier finish.

concealers maybelline nars elf review swatch beauty blogMaybelline Mineral Power Concealer in 02 Natural 
Clearly I have a thing for Maybelline concealers. This product is still sold in Asia, but was discontinued here, which is a mega shame. It's the closest matching concealer I own because it's more neutral toned. The formula is excellent, along with its coverage. In fact, I'd say this is almost like a drugstore dupe to the following...

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
THAT'S RIGHT. I CAVED. This baby lives up to all the hype it gets. Awesome coverage and consistency, plus it lasts throughout the day. Vanilla ain't the best match because of it's pink undertones but close enough. If you think about it, close one eye (and the other eye)... $35 for a concealer ain't bad! This is definitely on my ELITE concealer list, aka the 'Every Little Inch of Trouble is Erased' list. Whatta genius.

ELF Tone Correcting Concealer in Light Beige
This concealer is so thin and lightweight that you literally don't feel it. You might even forget about it because of the lack of pigment. I'd say this is for those who are blessed with oh, um NON-EXISTENT EYE BAGS?? No really, save your $3. To be fair, it is called 'Tone Correcting' so you can't really expect it to do much hardcore concealing.

So in order of preference, it would be: NARS > Maybelline Mineral Power > Maybelline Fit Me > Maybelline Superstay > ELF

L to R: Maybelline Fit Me '20 Sand' // Maybelline Superstay 'Cream' // Maybelline Mineral Power '02 Natural' // NARS Radiant Creamy 'Vanilla' // ELF Tone Correcting 'Light Beige'



(LOL WOW these swatches clearly show how my skin tone has evolved over the years as I become more like a recluse and stay indoors...and I still can't choose the right shade.)

What's a high coverage concealer you would recommend? 

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter