Sunday 18 January 2015

THE HOLIDAY HAUL

high end makeup haul





You don't know what pain is until you go overseas, rush to a Sephora thinking everything is loads cheaper, and finding out that the country of choice (Singapore) had items that were about the same as Australia in terms of price. Fast forward to the present, where I stand in front of a Tarte stand, internally sobbing because one blush is 45 dollars. I then proceed to let out my woes on Twitter where I complain to others about this price atrocity.

After skipping from one Sephora to the next, and realizing there were only 3 days left of my trip, I decided, that's it. I NEEDED a souvenir from Sephora, no matter how expensive it was. So, I walked away with an early birthday present (how else was I going to justify it?) - the Tarte Blush in Exposed ($45). Wow, so typical right? I was initially going to go for another shade because I thought, ew brown, but a swatch of the tester soon proved that Exposed was not just a brown. It was a PINKY-brown. Into my hands it went, out came my wallet, and gone was my Tarte virginity. Yesss.

But no, it didn't end there. The next day, SASA (a popular cosmetics store in Singapore) was having 20% off store-wide. And get this, they sold theBalm. Okay, I'm going to go off on a tangent here and say that I have a major fear of buying things from department stores in Australia (eg. Myer, David Jones) because I hate talking to the sales assistants. All because I'm socially awkward and I have this theory that they all think I'm some lost kid who wandered in and thus won't take me seriously (I know I have serious social issues). With no sales assistants hovering around me, I picked up the theBalm Mary-LouManizer ($30 on sale). Time to start working on my highlighter and blush game.

theBalm's Mary-Loumanizer and Tarte's Exposed
mary-loumanizer and tarte exposed
To add to my growing high-end repertoire, a kind related soul gifted me the Shu Uemura Tokyo Lights Eyeshadow Palette. It's definitely a stunning palette for sure, although I'm not too sure how I feel about all the shimmery shades. BUT, the left taupe shade really pulls my heartstrings, and the others have a gorgeous sheen, so maybe I'll fall in love with this palette afterall.

shu uemura tokyo lights palette

holiday beauty haul high end








My wallet is now crying (and I only bought 2 things), but isn't that customary of a holiday? It was a pretty rad trip overall, if you overlook the fact that I came down with gastro for a couple of days, probably put on a bit too much weight and now have an army of clogged pores on my forehead (no thanks to my hyper-active sweat glands during the tropical weather).

Oh hey, how were your holiday travels? Go anywhere special?

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.