Wednesday 24 September 2014

Not Meant To Be

products i regret buying review beauty blog

Each product that we try is like a person who enters our lives. Your paths may cross, but sometimes you and them are just not meant to be. Your relationship with them is only a stepping stone to bigger and better things...
Man that was so deep I think I can hear the oceans crying from the overwhelmingly inspirational speech I just gave. No but seriously, I'm sure we've all come across our fair share of products that just didn't work out. Here are mine.

A post is only interesting when it contains controversial products no? The Garnier BB Cream for Combo/Oily Skin initially blew me away, because whaaat? A Western BB cream that actually has coverage?! Unfortunately, I can't love its matte finish because it makes my skin look seriously dry but I can see why oily skin gals love it. Also, it doesn't match my super pale skin tone and broke me out. Sorry Garnier but my skin doesn't seem to love a lot of your face products.

The Maybelline Color Tattoos are a much loved product but besides the ones from the Metals collection (ie. Barely Branded) I just don't see the appeal. Are you sure these are cream shadows? Because I swear mine have been rock solid since day 1 of purchase and simply unworkable. 

I rarely use pencil eyeliner and the Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner is an example of why. I don't find it particularly black and its ability to smudge within seconds never fails to amaze me. It kind of reminds me of a coloring pencil to be honest. I would hate to be crying with this on!

Back in the day, I used to use the Essence Kajal Eyeliner in White and I'm now scratching my head and wondering how I ever managed to work with it. This tugs and pulls like no other. If you're searching for the perfect tool to gouge your eyes out, look no further!

If you're like me and have an extensive lip product collection, there's bound to be ones that are a bit more unloved. One of them happens to be the NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in French Kiss. That's right, bring on the judgement! The formula isn't TERRIBLE but I find it a bit thick and tacky. The other shade I own, Beige, is okay but French Kiss is like Olaf's best friend. It's a bit too frosty-looking for me personally.

I'm an avid lover of the Revlon Lip Butters and I know not everyone is. The shade Creamsicle however is excellent at washing me out. It's a peachy nude that I sadly can't pull off. It also goes weirdly patchy on me but I guess I don't have to worry about it too much since most of it has melted in the tube anyway!

Finally, we can finish off all this negativity with the BOE Beauty Jumbo Lip Crayon in #22 Boudoir Pink. This swatches beautifully but applies in quite a patchy fashion on me. But hey, for $2 it's worth a try I suppose.

Well guys, it's a bit sad knowing that this is probably the last time I'll see you out of my makeup drawers but don't worry, I'll never forget you. Your experience has been invaluable towards my future shopping trips and I now know to steer clear of you. Fare thee well!

What products have you tried recently that just didn't work out?


Stalk me on: Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.