Friday 25 April 2014

The Beauty Scenario Tag

Tags are an extreme rarity on my blog but when the lovely Sophie from Born To Buy tagged me to do The Beauty Scenario Tag, I knew I had to do it and I thought the questions were quite different to other tags I've seen.

1. You have to get rid of all your foundation and only keep one high end and one drugstore. Which do you keep? 
Being a non-working, full time student, high end foundations are pretty much non-existent in my makeup collection. Then I remembered the Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation that I recently reviewed. Being the only high end foundation I own, it is by default that I would keep it, but I really like the coverage, formula and excellent colour match. My drugstore pick would be the Almay Clear Complexion Foundation. Believe it or not, out of all my foundations, this is the only one that I can use on a daily basis and not result in clogged pores and pimples (I'm looking at you Revlon Colorstay).





















2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?

While I have been the victim of the classic lipstick on the teeth (and my friends have kindly pointed this out several times), I would never broach the subject if it was with a person I just met, especially if it was an interview because I would want to stay on her good side! 

3. You're not feeling yourself and you need a pick me up lipstick. Which do you go for? 

I couldn't decide on just one lipstick so I chose my top three favorite lippies. I am 100% a pink lip sort of gal so I chose the Maybelline Color Whisper in Petal Rebel , the Essence lipstick in All About Cupcake and the Covergirl Lip Perfection Gloss Balm in Watermelon Twist. All three are moisturizing, creamy and are lovely shades of cool-toned, dusty and bright pinks. 



















4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years; How would you do your hair and make up differently? 

When I first started out with makeup, I had the habit of experimenting with foundations and this involved expenditures on ridiculously, ill-matching foundations. If I could, I would tell my younger self to stop wasting money on foundations that clearly don't match and that are now sitting around collecting dust. In primary school, I also loved to wear my hair in high pigtails. While some people can rock the pigtail look, it really was not a flattering look on me and I wished I had just stuck to the simple ponytail or kept my hair down.

5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott cut but they hear you wrong and give you a pixie hair cut. Do you A) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your Mum crying hysterically, B) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or C) Complain to the Manager and demand a refund ?

I absolutely despise short hair on me so if by horrible circumstances, I ended up with a pixie cut, I would definitely be very upset. But, I don't like to cry or cause a commotion in front of other people so I would definitely do option A. Sadly, I've already done that after several disastrous trips to the hairdresser.

6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which 'do it all' palette do you pack in your make up bag? 

First off, I would love to actually go on a road trip with friends, but usually when travelling, I tend to bring my NYX Runway Collection Palette in Versus due to its compact size, and satin-finish, neutral eyeshadows. It also has a matte white which is a colour I usually pop all over the eyelid.




















7. Your house had been robbed (don't worry, everyone is safe) and your beauty stash has been raided. What's the product you really hope is safe? 

Probably my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, as it was something that I had saved up money for and was really happy when I finally got it. It's one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes and as it's more on the pricey side, I would be devastated if some terrible person were to steal it.




















8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you A) Just pretend you haven't noticed B) Ask them to repurchase it or C) Secretly do the same to something of theirs?

It depends on what the item is, although I honestly would never lend a makeup product I really treasured to someone else. Probably A but if they acknowledge that it truly was in awful condition, then I might suggest for them to compensate me somehow.


Thanks for tagging me Sophie, this tag was really fun to do!

I tag: 

Tasha / shiwashful
Dawn / See it, Love it, Swatch it
Cherie / cherry picking
Sue / suelovexx
Sharlynn / The Blackmentos Beauty Box

and anyone else who wants to do this tag! I'd love to read your responses.