Saturday 5 May 2012

April Favourites 2012 :)

My favourite products of the month of April, 2012!
I actually went shopping this month because of so many sales at Priceline (the beauty in the bag promotion) so I tried out lots of new stuff :)

1. Schwarzkopf Extra Care Hair Repair Normal Balance Leave-in Conditioner (long name much?)

I like how it strengthens my hair, leaving it a bit more healthy after getting fried by my hair straightener every other day. I use a heat protectant before it but you can never be too sure. I also like the smell, although some people may not, and it lingers for quite some time!


2. Biore Nourish Moisture Lotion (my HG moisturiser)

Comes with a pump. Moisturising enough for me, and is oil-free and does not oil me up! YES. Smells really nice too, like green tea.

3. BYS Eyeshadow Palette (natural delight)


So cheap! Shimmery, not matte shadows. Quite pigmented. A bit powdery but for $4...meh. Pretty neutral shades that I used in my smokey eye tutorial :)  I use the top colour as an all over lid colour.

4. Ecotools Blush Brush

"It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!" - Despicable Me
So soft and great brush :)  I use it for powder. Handle's quite sturdy too and it's affordable! I can't stop feeling the bristles, ahhh <3

5.  Face of Australia Pressed Powder and Natio Mineral Pressed Powder

 I recently switched from my FOA powder to the Natio one because it's more pigmented and the brush picks more product up, and it's finer than the FOA powder so it sets my makeup longer. I still love the FOA one though! The FOA one is in 'tan' and the Natio one is in 'medium tan'.

6. Maxfactor Xperience Volumising Mascara
 
 One of my fave mascaras at the moment. Perfect formula for me, not too wet or too dry. Wand is good size too. It doesn't flake or clump much! YES. It's ok at holding a curl. I feel it's better at lengthening than volumising but can be built up with a few coats to get the desired volume.

7. Essence Kajal Pencil Eyeliner in white


Not a creamy eyeliner, but I find that creamy eyeliners, although they go on smoothly, it comes off my very watery waterline easily :P It can tug on the waterline a bit, and have random chunky bits but I find it's alright on my lower waterline and there's still some left at the end of the day! I'm still on the hunt for a better white liner though.

8. Nivea lip balm in 'pink guava'

 Nivea lip balms are awesome! Moisturising and the one in 'pink guava' has a red tint, which gives life to my lips. Would like it to be more glossy though.

9. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in 'coral reef'

 The most GORGEOUS COLOUR EVER. Looks great on asian skintones. A pinky, coral orange but not too bright so it's wearable! Thick and a bit sticky but is nicely glossy. Love love love this!

10. Revlon Lip Butters (of course!)

Like a lip balm + gloss + lipstick in one! Moisturising like a lip balm, has a glossy sheen, and the colour payoff is amazing like a lip stick! Too bad they're SO EXPENSIVE in Australia :(
I have Tutti Frutti which is a coral orange, looks good on asian skintones, not too amazing on me though for some reason... maybe because I'm a fair asian :P It's kinda bright so I can't wear it everyday but on special times when I want a pop of colour!
I love sugar frosting which is a pale pink with shimmer, hence the 'frosting' and lightens my natural lip colour making it look really cute and nice!
I'm going to try to start a collection of these babies!

Thanks for reading! 
 xoxo Sheri

This is also up on YOUTUBE.



1 comment:

  1. I love reading you posts. Especially when you post beauty products. I also like the giveaways, it makes me want to join them. Thank you so much for posting.
    mind if you check out my blog? it's not much but thank you anyway! ;)
    majorieann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.