Tuesday 19 August 2014

Catastrophe Cosmetic

lush catastrophe cosmetic mask review

Raise your hand if you have ever felt personally victimized by your own skin. Let's face it - sometimes our skin just sucks. As a result, I am always on the hunt for a good facial mask that will somehow fix all of my skin troubles. I currently only own one mask that I use religiously (the Queen Helene Mint Julep one) so I was quite keen to see how Lush's Catastrophe Cosmetic Mask would fare.

This mask aims to help blemished skin by soothing and reducing redness. From the glowing reviews I've seen, I had pretty high expectations that this mask would be some kind of miracle worker. Like many of Lush's products, it contains awesome beneficial ingredients such as chamomile, almond oil and uh... Irish moss?
I was expecting to look like Violet Beauregarde (ah childhood memories) but this mask didn't quite turn out to be as blue or as terrifying as I had secretly hoped for. It is more of an ashy colour in my opinion.

It has quite a thick and chunky consistency, so it was a bit of a struggle spreading it across my face. You can also visibly feel the lumpy blueberries. The chamomile scent is very strong and while I'm not overly fond of it, it's not offensive either.

After leaving it on for about 15 minutes and rinsing off, I was a bit surprised. My skin felt tighter, which was a new feeling to me as masks usually leave my skin feeling soft. I also noticed tiny red bumps which is probably due to the mask's action of drawing impurities out but that was another aspect I didn't really enjoy.

In the end, I was left feeling underwhelmed. Sure it felt refreshing and it would be ideal for those who want to tighten their pores but this mask just didn't deliver in terms of what I look for in a mask which is softer skin and reduced blemishes. While I appreciate that it is made of fresh natural ingredients, having to refrigerate it and then having it expire before the tub is finished is a bit of a pain.

Available from Lush for AUD$16.95 / 75g.

Have you tried this mask? What is your favorite Lush mask? 

Stalk meBloglovin | Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.