Saturday 14 December 2013

Bye-Bye Empties #3

It has been four months since my last empties post, which just shows how slow I am at finishing up products.
I've been accumulating empty products in a box in the corner of my room, and it was taking up space so I finally decided to show what I've emptied out so far!


Firstly, I finished the Biore Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser. I really like this cleanser and it is probably my second favourite to the Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser. It's gentle enough for my sensitive skin and does a decent job at getting my makeup off.

I also tried out my first ever Lush product - the Lush 9 to 5 Orchid Oil Cleansing Lotion . This was an average cleanser but I didn't like how it made my skin squeaky clean and the lavender and orchid also broke me out. Shame for it being my first Lush experience but I will definitely be trying out more Lush products (let me know some of your recommendations!)

Of course, I used up the T.N.Dickinson Witch Hazel Toner. This is my all-time favourite toner. It's very gentle and helps keep my skin clear.


The Biore Nourish Moisture Lotion  was an okay moisturizer but I found it didn't do much for my skin and the hydration didn't last long. It did smell good though, like green tea!

The moisturizer I use daily is the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer. So far, it is my favourite daytime moisturizer because it's light but moisturizing enough and doesn't feel too greasy.


Ladies and gents, I think a round of applause is in order here because for once, I have actually finished up a makeup product! *Gasp* I am so relieved I can get rid of my Natio Mineral Pressed Powder. While it was a good  powder, I've had it for 3 years since I got it in my Priceline goodie bag and it's finally reached the ultimate pan of emptiness!

Of course, I have to include a lip balm because I can't live without them. I tried the Maybelline Baby lips in the Energizing Orange scent, which was okay but I definitely still prefer the Mango Pie one.

I've also decided to toss the Girlz Only Dry Shampoo in Dawn till Dusk . I heard all the hype that dry shampoos were getting and to be honest, I simply did not get much use out of it. I've concluded that dry shampoo is not for me. This made my hair stiff and did not help the disgusting third-day hair situation. I also hated the smell of Dawn till Dusk.



Now onto the nails!

I finished up my go-to nail polish remover which is by Face of Australia. It is one of the cheapest, decent polish removers I have found.

I'm also chucking away two nail polishes that have separated in their bottles and gone hard. Rimmel's I love lasting finish nail polish in Perfect Plum and Rubi nail polish in baby one more time. They are unusable so they're going in the bin. I like Rimmel nail polishes and the colour was gorgeous. On the other hand, the Rubi one was just so sheer that it took too much effort to apply for a lazy person like me.


I recently used the Etude House "I need aloe!" sheet mask (I am not kidding, that is the name). Like all asian sheet masks I've tried, it was very hydrating and soothing. But that was it.

I also used a sample of the Pantene Ultra light nourishing conditioner. It smelled amazing but it was just an okay conditioner and I'm very picky about my conditioners.

In my recent US swap, I got two samples of the Bare Minerals Prime Time foundation primer. It made my skin feel smooth as a silicon primer and I enjoyed using it but I won't be buying it because of the price.



If you got to the end of this post, congratulations! *pat on the back*

Thanks for reading!

xoxo,

Sheri

7 comments:

  1. That's too bad that the Lush one broke you out! I really like their Ultrabland cleanser :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE pat on your back! I recently did a huge empties post too and it feels great! I've tried the moisturizer from neutrogena and its definitely very light and easy to use but I've given up on using them in the day time but use a heavy one at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rubi polishes are such a joke! I only purchased one but it was watery, had no colour payoff and separated. Gross. I'm curious to try this witch hazel toner that you always mention - especially since it seems gentle and controls blemishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those moisturisers sound pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never do empties anymore because I end up just chucking products that are annoying me haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love that Biore cleanser you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on the empties! I haven't finished up much this month, since I left most of my empty products overseas rather than lugging the empty packaging back home!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments make my day.